Spring has sprung, and Landis is ready!
We’ve been dusting off the little red wagons, propagating in our greenhouse, and making connections with our plant consignors — all in preparation for the Spring Plant, Book, and Bake Sale. It’s a can’t-miss event for gardeners!
We still need a few great volunteers — if you are available, please email email@example.com for more information.
Pick of the Pots Sale (POPS) Friday, May 19
The sale starts a day early for members, with the members-only Pick of the Pots Sale (POPS) from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Members are invited to join us for the best choice of wonderful plants, including rare and unusual plants scouted out by Landis volunteer, board member, and garden designer Amy Howansky. Complimentary snacks and beverages will be available.
Best of all, there’s no cost to members for the Pick of the Pots Party — except, of course, for the plants, books, and goodies that you can’t resist taking home with you! Not a member? Don’t worry! You can join right there and then.
May 20 & 21, Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 AM — 4:00 PM
The sale is open to everyone, members and non-members.
Many gardeners wait impatiently to find out what plants or plant groups will be featured in Landis’ sales. Of course, there will be hundreds of perennials, shrubs, grasses, and trees for a range of conditions, including many unusual varieties, plus organic vegetable seedlings and herbs, and annual flowers including hanging baskets. Gardeners return year after year for strong, vibrant plants.
There are always some special features at our sales. We’ll be updating information on vendors on our Facebook page as we near the date.
Take advantage of our plant experts
- Our roving team of plant experts will advise you about selecting the right plants for the right places and how to plant and care for them. .
Visit the “Bulb Bar.”
- Grab a baggie and select your choice of bulbs, corms, or tubers.
“Rare and Unusual Specimen” plants
- We will offer limited numbers of “Rare and Unusual Specimen” plants, chosen because of their unique characteristics. Try out a dwarf evergreen or an interesting shrub with variegated leaves. More information will be available on our Facebook page on exactly which plants we’ll have.
- PLEASE NOTE: There will be limited supplies of these featured plants. Your best bet at getting one (or several) is to come to the members-only Pick of the Pots Sale (POPS) on Friday, May 13, 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Members receive a 10% discount on plant purchases. Not a member? Don’t worry — you can join at the gate!
“Small Trees and Shrubs for Small Spaces”
- Check out our carefully curated collection of “Small Trees and Shrubs for Small Spaces.”
- Browse our “Pollinator Plant” category, which will feature plants that provide nectar, pollen, seeds, or nest-building materials.
- We’ll have beautiful hanging baskets and Fred Lape original Corkscrew Willows among other strong and healthy Landis Grown choices.
And books — and baked goods, too!
As wonderful as the plants are, this is not just a plant sale. While you’re at Landis, take a break to browse the used book sale at the Book Shop in the Barn, perhaps to find something to expand your knowledge of gardening or nature, cooking or travel, fiction or non-fiction to read after you’ve completed a satisfying day of gardening. And don’t forget our ever-popular bake sale: always a great selection of homemade treats at good prices!
PLANT SALE PRIMER — WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!
- Starting times and dates for the sale are firm:
- Members Only Pick of the Pots Sale (POPS), May 19, Friday, 4:00 PM — 6:00 PM.
- May 20 & 21, Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 AM — 4:00 PM
- Purchases may not be made prior to the sale. The Arboretum cannot set aside plants prior to the sale.
- Please park cars in our upper parking area next to the Meeting House.
- Handicapped parking and drop-off space is available. Please inform the parking attendants of your needs.
- Sorry: dogs are not allowed at the Plant Sale.
- Arboretum plant experts will be available all weekend to answer your questions and to provide suggestions and advice on plant selection, site requirements, and proper planting and care techniques.
- Restrooms and picnic tables are available for your convenience.
- Have your membership card handy for quicker checkout (10% discount for members). Not a member? We’ll be happy to help you join.
- Volunteers from Arboretum-sponsored Boy Scout Troop 501 will be available to help those needing assistance in getting purchases to their vehicles.
- You may make purchases with cash, check, or credit card.
- All purchased items must be removed by 4:00 PM Sunday. Landis does not make deliveries and is not responsible for items left after 4:00 PM on Sunday.
For more information, call the Arboretum at 518−875−6935
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volume 41 , Number 1