It's a can't-miss event for gardeners!
Saturday and Sunday,
May 18 and 19, from 10 AM to 4 PM
Many gardeners wait impatiently to find out what plants or plant groups will be featured in Landis' sales. Of course, there will be hundreds of perennials, shrubs, grasses, and trees for a range of conditions, including many unusual varieties. Gardeners return year after year for strong, vibrant plants. This year we'll have a nice selection of organic vegetable seedlings and herbs as well as some lovely hanging baskets.
There are always some special features at our sales. Check back in early spring for list of vendors.
Take advantage of our plant experts
- Our roving team of plant experts will advise you about selecting the right plants for the right places and how to plant and care for them. .
Visit the "Bulb Bar."
- Grab a baggie and select your choice of bulbs, corms, or tubers.
"Rare and Unusual Specimen" plants
- We will offer limited numbers of "Rare and Unusual Specimen" plants, chosen because of their unique characteristics. Try out a dwarf evergreen or an interesting shrub with variegated leaves. Arboretum members are invited to shop at the Pick of the Pots Sale on Friday, May 17 from 4:00 - 6:00 PM for the best selection. Not a member? We'll help you join on the spot.
"Small Trees and Shrubs for Small Spaces"
- Check out our carefully curated collection of "Small Trees and Shrubs for Small Spaces."
- Browse our "Pollinator Plant" category, which will feature plants that provide nectar, pollen, seeds, or nest-building materials.
- As wonderful as the plants are, this is not just a plant sale. While you're at Landis, take a break to browse the used book sale at the Book Shop in the Barn, perhaps to find something to expand your knowledge of gardening or nature, cooking or travel, fiction or non-fiction to read after you've completed a satisfying day of gardening.
And baked goodies!
- Don't forget our ever-popular bake sale: always a great selection of homemade treats at good prices!
PLANT SALE PRIMER - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!
- Starting times and dates for the sale are firm:
May 18 & 19, Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Volunteers and customers must follow CDC COVID-19 guidelines in place at the time of the sale.
- Purchases may not be made prior to the sale. The Arboretum cannot set aside plants prior to the sale.
- Please park cars in our upper parking area next to the Meeting House.
- Handicapped parking and drop-off space is available. Please inform the parking attendants of your needs.
- Sorry: dogs are not allowed at the Plant Sale.
- Arboretum plant experts will be available all weekend to answer your questions and to provide suggestions and advice on plant selection, site requirements, and proper planting and care techniques.
- Restrooms and picnic tables are available for your convenience.
- Have your membership card handy for quicker checkout. (10% discount for members.) Not a member? We'll be happy to help you join.
- Volunteers from Arboretum-sponsored Boy Scout Troop 501 will be available to help those needing assistance in getting purchases to their vehicles.
- You may make purchases with cash, check, or credit card.
- All purchased items must be removed by 4:00 PM Sunday. Landis does not make deliveries and is not responsible for items left after 4:00 PM on Sunday.
For more information, call the Arboretum at 518-875-6935
or email us at email@example.com.