- THE LANDIS ARBORETUM ... A living museum for the entire family
Collections of labeled plants for enjoyment, casual display, and critical examination and scientific study all within the 548-acre site that straddles Schoharie and Montgomery counties.
· Grow and keep labeled collections of woody plants which grow in a given locality;
· Introduce plants into cultivation from the wild by selecting superior forms of indigenous plants or by importing and selecting plants from other climatically similar regions around the world;
· Maintain accurate records of plant collections through herbarium samples, plant records, and maps of plantings;
· Perform scientific investigations such as plants breeding;
· Maintain library collections of relevant t literature; and
· Disseminate information to the public through educational programs, workshops, and publications.
One of only three arboreta in eastern North America with old-growth forests.
Landis has TWO!
Trees and shrubs from around the world
Noteworthy Native Collections
Participant in PlantCollections information sharing among public gardens
Nationally recognized collection of oaks of the Northeast
8+ miles of hiking/walking trails, wetlands, on 548-acre estate
Year-round programs for kids of all ages!
The beautiful Van Loveland Perennial Gardens.
Designated Bluebird Trail
Guided self-guided tours